Sunday, August 18, 2013
Monday, July 29, 2013
Hi there! I don't know about you but as my jewelry collection has grow over the past few years, I've had difficulty storing and displaying my stud earrings - contrary to my dangle-y earrings. As you can see my "before" storage was not very efficient. Here is a little DIY I came up with as a solution.
You will need:
- An old frame
- Fabric of your choice - I used fabric from old lace curtains.
- Loads of earrings!
1. Clean up your frame by giving it a new coat of paint or just by wiping it down. Remove the backing from the frame (the glass and cardboard).
2. Cut a piece of Styrofoam to fit your frame. I just traced my from the glass.
3. Using the fabric of your choice, cut it to size and warp it around the Styrofoam. I just used clear tape to secure the edges.
4. Pop it into your frame and add earrings!
ps. If you were wondering about the backs of the earrings, I just store them in a pretty little glass bowl on the side of my vanity.
Hope you enjoyed!